7 Days Samburu-Aberdares-Lake Nakuru-Masai Mara.
We highly recomment that if you are looking at a memorable safari, you combine four National parks and National Reserves in one week. This is a simple itinerary that takes you to the northern kenya, the central highlands, the rift valley and southern kenya offering all different options in one safari itinerary.
- This tour can be customized
- Single travelers can book this tour and join a group
- This tour departs daily with atleast two people
- No age limit
- Can be organized as a private tour on request
- Can be organized in a 4 x 4 landcruiser at a cost
- Accommodate can either be in tented camp/budget hotel or luxury lodge
- This tour visits Samburu-Aberdares-Lake Nakuru-Masai Mara and is offered by African Home Adventure Ltd.
- A transfer from the airport in Nairobi/Hotel is included
- Additional accommodation before and at the end of the tour can be arranged for extra cost
- Accommodation on safari shall be in lodges or tented camp as agreed..
- Transport based on our customized seven seater safari Vehicle with specially modified suspension, full length photographic roof hatches and seats designed with seat belt and all clients are guaranteed window seats.
- All game Park Entrance fees
- Meet and greet by a tour representative upon arrival at the airport
- Services of an English speaking tour driver-guide
- Game drives as per itinerary
- Entry for Driver/Vehicle
- All Government taxes and levies
- One litre drinking water daily
- International flights
- Additional accommodation before and at the end of the tour
- Tips on safari and at camps/lodges
- Items of personal needs
- Government taxes where applicable
Days 1 and 2: Samburu National Reserve
From Nairobi at 7.30 am, safaris head north to the Samburu National reserve for two nights at one of the lodges or camps on the banks of the Ewaso Ng'iro River Samburu Serena Lodge or Samburu Sopa Lodge, where most of the game is concentrated. Animals include giraffes, elephants, hippos, crocodiles, buffalos,lions, leopards, cheetahs and hyenas and great species of birds. Look out for species here not seen further South such as Grevy's zebra, Somali ostrich and gerenuk, an unusual antelope that can reach up the trees on its hind legs accommodation is in a luxury lodge or budget two person camping tent with foam mattress provided depending on your safari budget, all this can be tailored to suite your request.
Day 3: Aberdare National Park
Heading South after breakfast, the option is to spend a night in one of the two unusual tree lodges in the Aberdare National Park. Treetops Lodge where Princes Elizabeth stayed in 1952 in the night that her father died and she became the Queen, or the Ark Lodge built in the shape of Noah's Ark. At night, stay up to watch the game activities over the floodlit waterholes. This park is unusual in that it lies above 21,000m (68,880 ft.) and so has a more alpine feel, with mountains, streams, valleys and moorland by the doorstep.
Day 4: Lake Nakuru National Park
After another morning breakfast, your safari will head to Lake Nakuru National Park. Situated just a stone's throw from Nakuru town, the attractive Lake Nakuru National Park surrounds the Lake of the same name, which is a haven for the pink lesser flamingo as well as hippos. Other species include various antelope, giraffe, zebra, lion, rhino and leopard (which can actually be spotted during daylight hours in the arms of the giant yellow acacia trees near the entrance). Enjoy the great view from the park's rocky escarpments and ridges. Accommodation can be at the Lake Nakuru Lodge, Flamingo Hill Tented Camp or a hotel in Nakuru.
Days 5 and 6: Masai Mara National Reserve
You will leave Lake Nakuru to drive to masai mara to spend two nights in the Masai Mara Game Reserve, Kenya's most famous game park with an extraordinary density of animals, including the Big Five. In July and August, it's also the scene of the migration, when hundreds of thousands of wildebeest, plus smaller numbers of zebra and antelope, arrive in search of fresh grazing from Tanzania's Serengeti National Park to the south. The predators follow the herds, so this is the best time to witness plenty of animal action, especially if you get the opportunity to see the wildebeest cross the Masai Mara River, where they have to dodge crocodiles too. Accommodation and full board meals shall be at the Mara Sopa Lodge or Enchoro Wildlife Camp.
Day 7: Nairobi
An early morning game drive in Masai Mara before breakfast followed by late breakfast at the Lodge/camp and departure for Nairobi stopping sporadically for the breathtaking panoramic views of the rift valley and adjacent landforms. The tour ends in Nairobi late in the afternoon with sweet memories.