8 Days Crater Highlands
This Tanzania safari is ideal for those who are seeking to experience the highlights of Tanzania including the breathtaking Ngorongoro Crater and open savannah of the Serengeti plains, lake Natron and lake Manyara. With cultural walk to the Oldonyo Lengai.
- This tour can be customized
- Single travelers can book this tour and join a group
- This tour departs daily with atleast two people
- No age limit
- Can be organized as a private tour on request
- Accommodate can either be in budget camps/tented camp or luxury lodge
- This tour visits lake Manyara, Ngorongoro crater, Nainokanoka Empakai Crater, Naiyobi Village, Lengai and Lake Natron and is offered by African Home Adventure Ltd
- A transfer from the airport in Arusha/Hotel is not included and can be organized
- Additional accommodation before and at the end of the tour can be arranged for extra cost
- Accommodation on safari shall be in a budget tents.
- Transport based on a 4WD Vehicle with pop up roof for game viewing .
- All game Park Entrance fees
- Meet and greet by a tour representative upon arrival at the airport
- Services of an English speaking tour driver-guide
- Game drives as per itinerary
- Entry for Driver/Vehicle
- All Government taxes and levies
- International flights
- Additional accommodation before and at the end of the tour
- Tips on safari and at camps/lodges
- Items of personal needs
- Government taxes where applicable
Day 1: Arusha/Tarangire
Leave Arusha at 8.00am drive to Tarangire national park for afternoon game drive. Late afternoon you will have a short walk outside the park. Dinner and overnight at the campsite or lodge. Kigongoni campsite or Tarangire Safari Lodge.
Day 2: Tarangire/Ngorongoro Crater
After breakfast leave for Ngorongoro. On arrival proceed with the afternoon crater tour game drive. Meals and overnight at the Ngorongoro wildlife lodge/Simba campsite.
Day 3: Ngorongoro Crater / Nainokanoka
After breakfast proceed with the morning crater tour, and then leaving the crater, drive along the northern track to meet your Maasai tour guide with donkeys. Walk through the forest on a good track to reach the ranger post near the village of Nainokanonoka, it takes 4-5 hours. All meals and overnight at the Camp/Lodge.
Day 4: Nainokanoka / Empakai Crater
Leave Nainokanoka after breakfast to Empakai crater, the walk is about 6-7 hours slowly.
Day 5: Empakai Crater / Naiyobi Village
After breakfast, it takes 4 hours to get to Naiyobi village in 7km and camp near the primary school football ground Acacia campsite, all meals and overnight at the camp or lodge.
Day 6: Naiyobi Village/ Ngaresero
Morning breakfast then proceed with the walk along the Mongoni to the foot of Lengai mountain, In the evening prepare for the trekking, At midnight start the trekking to the summit of Oldonyo Lengai, It takes 6-8hrs walk.
Day 7: Lengai / Lake Natron
Descend down ward to the foot of the mountain (Lengai) to meet our driver and drive to the Lake Natron camp for hot lunch and evening bird watching along the Lake Natron. All meals and overnight at lake Natron campsite.
Day 8: Lake Natron /Arusha
Leave the park drive to Mto wa mbuu via village, arrive in time for lunch then proceed to Arusha where your safari ends.